Web Tracking System Passes the Test with Capital University
Capital University’s Mail Services and Shipping Fulfillment Center is responsible for handling all incoming and outgoing packages and mail for more than 4,000 students, faculty staff and 52 departments within the university. Quadient’s NeoTrak was the legacy solution that traced the school’s internal package movements.
The decade-long relationship and Quadient’s deep knowledge about Capital University’s circumstances were the basis for a test. Quadient approached Capital University to participate in a beta test of Web Tracking System (WTS), a new solution for tracking inbound packages anywhere, anytime.
- WTS easily managed the University’s unique requirements to manipulate data constantly to accommodate the seasonal movement of students, as well as monitor the location of letters and parcels.
- WTS automated Capital’s entire inbound delivery demands and provided additional functions including features that allowed the University’s Mail Services department to track and monitor the complete chain-of-custody for packages.
- The beta test trial period was so successful that Capital University decided to implement the product for a full year.
Web Tracking System (WTS) helped Capital University introduce a whole new level of parcel tracking service for the benefit of the University’s students, administrators and faculty staff. Now, the Mail Services department can give those three customer constituencies exact, detailed and instant information about each parcel in the delivery chain:
- When it arrived at the University.
- Where it is physically located at any particular time.
- Who signed for it.
The bonus service features that pleased the University was the ability to send an email to recipients alerting them that a parcel was awaiting pick-up.
|“We just love the ‘Enhanced signature confirmation’ feature, because it allows the Mail Services team to determine instantly the individual who signed for that package.”|
|Cindy Harp, Mail Services Manager, Capital University|
Delivery and Results
WTS increased reliability and accelerated the Mail Services department’s productivity. The University cited these specific features as being most useful:
- Greater data manipulation capabilities, including an import-and-export function which simplifies the process of adding new-student address information and deleting data for students who had graduated.
- Enhanced signature conformation that provides a signature and a typed name to ensure legibility and clarity for mailroom administrators. “We just love [this] feature,” said Cindy Harp, Mail Services Manager, “because it allows the Mail Services team to determine instantly the individual who signed for that package.”
- Advanced search which allows the Mail Services team to search address data and position of mail by name, department, tracking number, mailbox number, or other identifying fields.
- Increased access to data and monitoring information because WTS can be utilized on any computer and by multiple users simultaneously.
- WTS increased the reliability and productivity of the University’s Mail Services Department.
In post-test reviews, Capital University called WTS user-friendly, intuitive to use and a valuable time saver.
|Quadient approached Capital University, a partner for over 10 years, to participate in a beta test of the new Web Tracking System (WTS).||WTS helped Capital University introduce a whole new level of parcel tracking service for the benefit of the University’s students, administrators and faculty.||WTS a new on-premise solution for tracking inbound packages anywhere, anytime.||The beta test trial period was so successful that Capital University decided to implement the product for a full year.|
As the market leader, Parcel Pending by Quadient has helped thousands of leading colleges and universities preserve their reputation and bottom line with contact-free intelligent parcel locker solutions and mail-related solutions. Discover how our university package lockers can integrate with WTS, taking care of your packages so you can take care of your students and staff.