Privacy Notice for California Residents:
Your California Privacy Rights
This Privacy Notice for California Residents (“CCPA Notice”) supplements the information contained in Parcel Pending, Inc.’s (“Parcel Pending” or “Our” or “We”) privacy statement (https://www.parcelpending.com/privacy-policy/). This CCPA Notice applies only to Parcel Pending’s consumer customers and other applicable persons who reside in the State of California (“Consumers” or “You” or “Your”). Parcel Pending adopts this CCPA Notice to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), and any defined terms in the CCPA shall have the same meaning when used in this CCPA Notice.
The CCPA provides California residents with certain rights regarding their personal information. This CCPA Notice describes Your CCPA rights and how You may exercise them. Please note, these rights may not always apply in all cases.
Right to Access
You have the right to request the disclosure of certain information about Our collection and/or use of Your personal information over the past 12 months. Once Your verifiable access request is received and verified, We will disclose to You:
- The categories of personal information We collected about You.
- The categories of sources for the personal information We collected about You.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom We share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information We collected about You
- If We sold or disclosed Your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Right to Opt-Out
We do not sell your personal information, and as such, We have not included a “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” link on Our website. However, under the CCPA, You have the right to opt out of the sale of Your personal information by other entities You may do business with. Any practice changes will be reflected in an update to this CCPA Notice, and We will take any other necessary action to comply with applicable law.
Right to Request Deletion
You have the right to request that We delete any of Your personal information that We collected from You and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once We receive and confirm Your verifiable consumer request, We will delete (and direct Our service providers to delete) Your personal information from Our records, unless an exception applies. A deletion request may be denied if retention of such information is necessary for Us or Our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which We collected the personal information, provide a good or service that You requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of Our ongoing business relationship with You, or otherwise perform Our contract with You.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 ).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if You previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on Your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which You provided it.
Right to Equal Services and Prices
We will not discriminate against You for exercising any of Your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, We will not:
- Deny You goods or services.
- Charge You different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide You a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that You may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Exercising Your Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to Us by either:
- Emailing Us at: CCPA_Team@neopost.com, or
- Calling Us at +1 800- NEOPOST, or
- Sending a letter to Us at Parcel Pending, Inc., 1 Vanderbilt, Irvine, CA 92618; ATTN: CCPA Request.
In Your request, You need to provide enough information that allows Us to reasonably verify that You are the consumer that We collected information about.
We endeavor to respond to all verifiable consumer requests within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If We require more time (up to 90 days), We will inform You of the reason and extension period in writing, and/or explain the reasons We cannot comply with a request, if applicable. Any disclosures We provide You will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt, and will be in a format that is readily usable and should allow You to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to Your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If We determine that the request warrants a fee, We will provide You with the reason for that determination as well as a cost estimate before completing Your request.
Other California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83, the “Shine the Light” law, permits users of Our website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to CCPA_Team@neopost.com.
Publication Date: January 1, 2020