With Adobe Predicting $124 Billion in U.S. Online Sales This Holiday Season, BOPIL Can Help Retailers Execute a Seamless BOPIS Experience
IRVINE, CA—(November 29, 2018) – The holiday shopping season is in full swing, and today’s time-crunched consumers are grabbing their iPads and smartphones to do their shopping. In fact, Adobe is forecasting a record $124 billion in U.S. online sales this holiday season. As the leading provider of Buy Online, Pick Up in Locker™ (BOPIL) solutions, Parcel Pending wants to remind retailers that BOPIL can help them boost their revenue by executing a seamless Buy Online, Pick Up In Store (BOPIS) experience for busy holiday shoppers.
According to National Retail Federation, consumers are ready to spend this holiday season! NRF estimates that consumers will spend 4.1 percent more than last year, and the majority will be making their purchases online. In fact, 60 percent of millennials plan to use laptops or PCs for holiday shopping, 55 percent plan to use a mobile device and 17 percent plan to use voice assistants, according to a recent survey from Citi Retail Services.
“It’s going to be another record-breaking holiday shopping season in terms of sales, which will be fueled by online and mobile shopping. Retailers can capitalize on consumer spending by arming themselves with our BOPIL solutions,” stated Lori A. Torres, CEO of Parcel Pending. “BOPIL helps retailers generate more revenue during the busy holiday shopping season by streamlining their BOPIS process. This helps to enhance their customer experience and improve retail staff efficiencies significantly. Bottom line, if you want to boost your revenue this holiday season then you need to invest in BOPIL.”
Parcel Pending is a leading provider of BOPIL solutions designed to simplify the BOPIS and BORIS (Buy Online, Return in Store) processes. The way it works is simple. Once an online retail order is fulfilled – be it groceries, clothing, electronics, cosmetics and more – the items are placed into one of the Parcel Pending lockers located at the retail store. Customers are then instantly notified by text or email and provided with a unique numerical code that they can type or scan at the locker kiosk. They can then quickly and easily pick up their order at their convenience by going to the retail store and simply entering their personal code into the locker.
The top five benefits of BOPIL for retailers this holiday season include:
• Revving up revenue. By bringing a customer back to the store and delivering a convenient and quick experience, customers are more likely to impulsively purchase additional items while at the store since their time is no longer wasted waiting in line. Retailers can drive additional in-store purchases by rewarding customers to utilize BOPIS via product coupons or samples in the lockers. In fact, 61 percent of shoppers and 75 percent of millennials who come into the store to collect their online order make an unplanned purchase. BOPIL can free up retail staff time so they can focus on building brand relationships and loyalty with in-store customers while also driving in-store purchases.
• Driving traffic in the door. More foot traffic equates to more opportunities to market to and encourage customers to buy something. Kohl’s is just one example of a retailer that has experienced a boost in foot traffic thanks to electronic parcel lockers. In fact, the retailer had a 12 percent increase in foot traffic after installing return centers.
• Elevating the customer experience. BOPIL solutions enhance the customer experience by making it quick, easy and convenient for customers to retrieve their online orders. Customers can be in and out of the store with their goods within just minutes compared to the outdated method of waiting 10-15 minutes for a store associate to locate and provide their order.
• Improving retail staff efficiencies. BOPIL solutions boost retail staff efficiencies by providing fewer distractions and streamlining inventory audits allowing retail staff to focus more on in-store customers and brand engagement. BOPIL solutions eliminate the outdated, time-consuming and unproductive method of retail staff searching, coordinating and releasing online orders. When customers arrive at the store, they expect the item to be waiting for them- not the other way around. With a locker solution- the risk of lost items and delays impacting your customer pickup experience are dramatically reduced. Stale merchandise is back on store floors faster improving potential for sales.
• Creating more marketing opportunities. Some major retailers offer their customers a 20 percent in-store discount as a reward for utilizing their electronic parcel lockers. This type of incentive helps to get customers into a retail store twice – once to pick up the online order and then again to make use of the 20 percent savings coupon. There are countless ways that BOPIL lockers can help retailers market to their customers and providing a 20 percent discount coupon is just one effective example.
To learn more about Parcel Pending, visit www.parcelpending.com.
About Parcel Pending
Parcel Pending is a leading provider of package management solutions to simplify and secure parcel deliveries. Parcel Pending combines 100% Always-On Customer Service, electronic lockers and mobile applications to improve the customer experience, while reducing operating costs. Parcel Pending markets to multi-family communities, commercial office buildings, retailers and universities throughout North America. More information is available by calling 855-316-4756 or at www.parcelpending.com.